Relational Junction ETL Manager
Data warehouse and data conversion efforts have traditionally employed custom
code or cumbersome tools to move and manage large amounts of database data. Relational Junction ETL Manager simplifies this process, and minimizes the development time and cost of Extract Transform and Load (ETL).
Relational Junction ETL Manager provides a familiar SQL interface for integration developers.
You do not need extensive experience with the tool to be effective.
Most developers are productive within minutes.
Contrast this with other products, which require time-consuming and costly training for modest proficiency.
Relational Junction licensing costs are a fraction of other tools, allowing organizations of all sizes to enjoy the benefits of rapid ETL automation.
- Uses simple SQL transforms instead of confusing proprietary scripting language
- Allows any SQL construct, including table joins and unions
- Offers smart insert / update using unique keys in target table
- Intuitive web User Interface
- Does not constrain functionality with drag-and-drop interface limitations
- Automatic timestamp filtering
- Handles time zone changes between databases
- Enables bolt-on business processing with database triggers and function
Ease of Use
- Leverages existing in-house database skills
- Short time-to-deploy with minimal training required
- Developers are productive within minutes
- Increases productivity -- development time typically 2 tables per day, including data mapping, ETL setup, unit testing
- Compatible with source control tools – all definitions stored as XML on the file system
- Captures and logs rejected records
- Restarts at point of failure
- Allows immediate termination at point of failure or bypass error and continue with error logging
- Reports extensive load statistics
- Java JDBC
- Operating Systems: Windows and UNIX
- Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, DB2, Informix, Greenplum
- Non-database: CSV files, XML (including repeating groups)
- Hardware: 1 or 2-processor standalone server
- Small footprint – uses only 65 MB Virtual Memory
- Minimal training and support needed
Typical ETL speeds are 2.5 Million records per hour. Transfers of long text and binary data are significantly slower due to inherent speed limitations in the respective DBMS platforms for streaming I/O
- Complete technical documentation, expert telephone and email customer support.
- Installation and training included
- Data migration, integration, and implementation assistance is available through Sesame Software Professional Services group.
Add-On Software and Required Interfaces
- The Oracle Java client is a freely distributed product
- The web interface requires a J2EE application server, such as the freely distributed Apache Tomcat. JBoss and other J2EE web containers are also acceptable
- Relational Junction supports Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, DB2, Informix, Greenplum, CSV files, and XML
All supporting software is free unless noted otherwise.